Brahmacharini Mata, the available form of the Goddess Parvati is worshiped on the 2nd day of Chaitra Navratri. This goddess is worshiped after the Day 1 of Chaitra Navratri, that is the day we worship Maa Shailputri. The Sanskrit word Brahmacharini is derived from two words - Brahman means total reality, and ultimate consciousness, while Charini is the one who behaves - the feminine version of Charya. Talking about the appearance of Maa Brahmacharini, Color of her Saree is white, also in her left hand, she bears a Kamandal while on her right, rosary.
Brahmacharini Devi, as per Hindu Mythology, is the unmarried embodiment of Goddess Parvati. It is said that the goddess, for thousands of years, observed intense penance so she could marry Lord Shiva, and fortunately she did get a chance to be Mahadev's wife. Thus, Brahmacharini Mata is considered a symbol of true love and power.
Also See: Chaitra Navratri Day 1
Chaitra Navratri 2023 Day 2: Date and Time
As per the Hindu Calendar, the Chaitra Navratri will begin on March 22, 2023. The 2nd day of Chaitra Navratri will be on March 23, 2023. Devotees worship Brahmacharini Mata on this day, which is also known as the Chaitra Shukla Paksha Dwitiya Tithi.
Worshiping Brahmacharini Devi on Chaitra Navratri
Devotees should follow the below-mentioned rituals on the second day of Chaitra Navratri -
- Rise early before sunrise and bathe.
- Keep the idol or picture of Brahmacharini Mata and sprinkle Gangajal
- Clothes, fruits, flowers, etc., should be offered to the Goddess.
- Red is the color of Maa Brahmacharini's day of Navratri. Hence, offer jaggery as prasad.
- Offer red flowers and vermillion in particular.
- Seek blessings from the Goddess by offering kheer, sugar, or pudding.
Visit: Today Choghadiya Muhurat
Maa Brahmacharini Pooja Rituals
Astrology says that the day 2 Chaitra Navratri goddess can remove the issues related to the planet Mars. Below mentioned are the measures that can help you strengthen the yoga of marriage in your horoscope during this Chaitra Navratri.
- Visit a temple and offer milk and water to Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva.
- Use the Panchopachara method to worship. Using the holy thread mauli, tie Parvati and Mahadev and make a union.
- To resolve any marriage-related issues, worship Gauri Mata, and your marriage shall be promising.
- The incident mentioned in Ramayana also states how Mata Durga Sita worshiped Mata Gauri before her marriage, only after which she got married to Shri Ram.
Maa Brahmacharini Puja Benefits
The benefits of worshiping Brahmacharini Mata are immense. Let us have a look at what they are -
- Brahmacharini Mata increases the tolerance power and gives the courage to get out of one's comfort zone as well as triumph and excel in all situations.
- Mercury and Mars are the planets governed by Brahmacharini devi. Hence, if you have any problems in your horoscopes in the 1st and 8th houses that the planet Mars causes, the goddess has the authority to withdraw it.
- As the planet Mercury is also ruled by the goddess, the devotees worshiping her are blessed with brilliance, wisdom, power, and good health.
- The blessings of Mata Brahmacharini should also be taken by students preparing for exams or interviews to succeed.
- The native becomes determined and gets the ability to combat negativity and despair. A never-ending courage shall be seen in the individuals.
- Devotees in the Medical field get blessed by Brahmacharini Mata with immense success.
- Worshiping Brahmacharini Mata is extremely beneficial for people with mental illnesses.
Maa Brahmacharini Story
To attain Lord Shiva, Maa Brahmacharini performed intense penance. Thus, Brahmacharini meaning is synonymous to power and true love. When Maa Durga Parvati realized her sacred love for Mahadev, Narad ji instructed her to adhere to the practices and rituals of strict penance that date back centuries. Torturous punishments of nature have to be endured while performing penance, including bitter cold, scorching heat, and fierce rainstorms. It is further said that Goddess Durga observed continuous penance for hundreds of years and consumed bilva leaves to survive. During the penance, the Goddess devoted herself completely to Mahadev and refrained from having food and water. Due to her noble penance, she was given the name Brahmacharini, and Lord Shiva accepted her as his wife.
The devotees worship Goddess Brahmacharini on the 2nd day of Chaitra Navratri Puja to gather the courage to fast for nine days without food and water. To receive the enormous benefits and favor of the Goddess, worshippers recite mantras and create stutis at the same time. The stamina of the devotees can be boosted by worshiping the Goddess sincerely.
It is because of the grace and majesty of Brahmacharini Devi, who bestows upon her worshippers’ immense fortitude to withstand the unforeseen personality of the world. The Goddess Brahmacharini is worshiped on the second day of Chaitra Navratri. Thus, on this auspicious day, as per the Maa Brahmacharini Story, devotees must worship the almighty and reap her abundant gifts.
Also See: Solar Eclipse Effect on All Zodiac Signs
Maa Brahmacharini Mantra
Devi Prasidatu Mayi Brahmacharinyanuttama॥
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Maa Brahmacharini Rupen Sansthita.
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah.
Padmabhayam Akshamala Kamandalu by Dadhana.
Devi Prasidatu May Brahmacharinyanuttama.
Om Devi Brahmacharinya Namah॥
Maa Brahmacharini Mantra for Meditation
Vande Vanchhitalabhaya Chandrardhakritashekharam।
Japamala Kamandalu Dhara Brahmacharini Shubham॥
Gauravarna Swadhishthanasthita Dwitiya Durga Trinetram।
Dhawala Paridhana Brahmarupa Pushpalankara Bhushitam॥
Parama Vandana Pallavaradharam Kanta Kapola Pina।
Payodharam Kamaniya Lavanayam Smeramukhi Nimnanabhi Nitambanim॥
Also See: Free Horoscope Today
Maa Brahmacharini Mantra for Kavach
Tripura Mein Hridayam Patu Lalate Patu Shankarabhamini
Arpana Sadapatu Netro, Ardhari Cha Kapolo
Panchadashi Kanthe Patu Madhyadeshe Patu Maheshwari
Shodashi Sadapatu Nabho Griho Cha Padayo
Anga Pratyanga Satata Patu Brahmacharini
As mentioned, on the 2nd day of Chaitra Navratri, devotees worship Brahmacharini Mata for love and marital bliss. Couples facing any problems in their marriage can also talk to astrologer on phone and get their queries solved. Hope you receive maximum benefits by doing the Maa Brahmacharini pooja on this 2nd day of Chaitra Navratri 2023!
Leave a Comment