- Zodiac Sign or Dhanishta Nakshatra Rashi- Capricorn and Aquarius
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Ruling Planet- Mars
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Lord or God- Vasus, God of materialization
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Symbol- Musical Drum
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Degree Range- 23°20’ Capricorn - 6°40’ Aquarius
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Mode of Functioning- Active
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Quality- Demonic
- Chara Rashi/ Navamsa- Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Lucky Number- 9
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Yoni- Simha
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Dosha- Pitta
- Type of Nakshatra- Mutable
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Dasha- 7yrs
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Numerical Potency- 23
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Gender- Female
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Guna- Tamasic
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Gana- Raakshas
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Element or Tattwa- Ether
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Mobility- Fixed
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Caste- Farmer/Servant
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Animal- Lioness
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Names Starting Letters- Ga, Gi, Gu, Ge
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Bird- Golden Bee
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Lucky Stone- Coral
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Lucky Color- Silver Grey
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Tree- Shami or Indian Mesquite
- Dhanishta Nakshatra Traits- happy, liberal, courageous, liar, talkative, confident, artistic, dependable, pure, resourceful, motivated, hopeful, sensitive, and indulgent.
About Dhanishta Nakshatra
Dhanishta Nakshatra is the twenty-third Nakshatra in the series of Nakshatras. It is the apex of martian energy. The Nakshatra is represented by a group of four stars in the constellation, called Delphini (the Dolphin). These four stars are arranged in rhombus shape representing a “drum” shape. In Modern astronomy, these four stars are referred to as Alpha, Beta, Delta and Gamma Delphini. All these stars lie in the dark empty space above Capricorn and Aquarius constellation.
Etymologically, Dhanishta means “the wealthiest”, “the most beneficent” or “the benevolent”. It is referred to as the “Constellation of Symphony” due to its ability to adapt. Dhanishta star is also referred to as “Shravishta” which means “the most heard of” and “the most famous”. It signifies the fortune and abundance in the lives of Dhanishta Nakshatra natives.
Symbolized by the “musical drum”, this Nakshatra is associated with music and hollowness. Hollowness signifies receptivity to the outer influences. It relates to the ability to accomplish things like playing music, building musical notes etc. The symbol drum is also connected with the drum of Lord Shiva. Alternatively, the Dhanishta star is represented by “a flute” which emphasizes the music generated through the hollowness of celestial space.
The presiding deity of the Dhanishta constellation, Vasus, the group of eight Gods - Apa, Dhruva, Dhara, Anila, Soma, Anala, Pratyusha, Prabhasa. In Sanskrit, Vasu means “excellence'' and “wealth giver”. Apa means “water”, associated with Goddess Apaha, the water deity of Purvashada. Dhruva means “the fixed”, associated with pole stars. Dharam means “the bearer” or “stream of water”, related to “the man pouring water- the symbol of Aquarius''. Anila means “wind”, the deity is similar to Vayu, the ruler of the Swati Nakshatra. Soma means “the Moon'', similar to the Moon deity of Mrigashira. Anala means “the fire”, the manifestation of Agni, the fire God of Krittika star. Pratyusha means “dawn”, the male counterpart of Usha, the solar goddess of dawn in the Vedas. The group of these deities endows Dhanishta Nakshatra with different energies of the different constellations. They make Dhanishta star master over the material realm and allow it to the rhythmic functioning of the Universe. Alternatively, the Dhanishta Nakshatra God is Lord Shiva. He is known to perform the rhythmical dance form “Tandava''.
In Numerology, the 23rd numerical potency of Nakshatra is associated with “the royal star of the lion”. It is considered a very fortunate number that signifies completion and accomplishment. In Vedic Astrology, Dhanishta Nakshatra is related to the fulfillment of goals, desires and ambitions. It is considered the balancing point between maintenance and destruction.
Dhanishta Nakshatra in English is referred to as Dhanishta. Dhanishta Nakshatra in Tamil is referred to as Avittam Natchathiram (அவிட்டம் நட்சத்திரம்). The name of Dhanishta Nakshatra in Malayalam is Avittam Nakshatra (അവിട്ടം നക്ഷത്ര) while the name of the Dhanishta constellation in Telugu is Dhaniṣṭha (ధనిష్ఠ).
Also See: All Zodiac Signs
Dhanishta Nakshatra Physical Characteristics
Children born in Dhanishta Nakshatra have a jovial and bold disposition. They exhibit lengthy fingers, radiant faces and lean bodies. Dhanishta Nakshatra males and females are intelligent and wise. They are frank, energetic, social and progessive.
Also See: Best Mundan Muhurat in 2021
Dhanishta Nakshatra Behavioral Characteristics
Dhanishta Nakshatra is said to exhibit the qualities of eight Vasus- Apah (musical ability, confidence, and futility), Dhruva (fixture, diligence, dependability, and stubbornness), Dhara (wisdom, welfare, communication, and loquacious), Anila (entrepreneurial capacities, resourcefulness, motivation, and stress), Anala (energy, incisiveness, and short-tempered), Pratyusha (brilliance, happiness, hope, and music), Prabhasa (good, pristine and aspiring nature), and Soma (susceptivity, refinement, satisfaction, falsehood).
Dhanishta Nakshatra males and females exhibit insightfulness and great courage. They thrive well in foreign places and earn a good living by their resourceful and commercial skills. They love music and enjoy materialistic pleasures. People born in Dhanishta star possess good organizational skills. They are ambitious and work hard to accomplish their goals. They don’t lean on others and achieve everything with their own caliber and multitasking skills. These natives are experts in their work and do not leave any projects or assignments unfinished.
Children born in Dhanishta star are very intelligent and wise. They don’t believe in troubling others and make sure that they pay back whatever help they have received. In times of conflict, they do not express their disagreement with others. They are liberal in their approach and try to maintain a congenial atmosphere around.
Positivity, patriotism, love for family, confidence, stability, dependability, benevolence, social and adaptability are positive characteristics of Dhanishta Nakshatra that make them very popular among people. Dhanishta Nakshatra natives are not self-centered. They are very generous and share their facilities with their loved ones. They can easily adapt to any situation and have warm and bold countenance. You can rely on them in times of need. These are reliable friends who keep your secrets and motivates you to achieve your goals.
Moon in Dhanishta star makes a person liberal, rich, courageous and master in music and fine arts. Venus offers role-defining abilities to them and Mars in Dhanishta makes them energetic and brave. As per Vedic astrologers, Dhanishta Nakshatra people have a religious spirit. They are law and home-bound. They are insatiable eaters and have a great inclination into music, astrology and sports.
The negative characteristics of Dhanishta Nakshatra are susceptibility to flattery and social influence. They talk too much and often invite trouble due to their flamboyant nature. Their stubborn and confronting attitude makes them appear argumentative at times.
In the Universal scheme of things, the Dhanishta constellation signifies ‘Khyapayitri Shakti’. This Shakti offers the natives an amazing ability to receive fame and abundance. The natives attain great success and achieve all the good things in life with their cosmic energies.
Career Options for Dhanishta Nakshatra Natives
The professions that are favorable for Dhanishta Nakshatra born people are:
- All kinds of entertainment professions such as musicians, dancers and performers.
- All types of professions which include a large amount of money.
- Management jobs in all fields, especially in the entertainment industry.
- Creative artists of all types such as landscape artists, poets, songwriters etc.
- Reciters of rhythmical incantations, makers of musical instruments, melody vocalists can be suitable professions for Dhanishta star natives.
- Holistic healers through Kundalini Yoga, scientists and physicists, medical practitioners, lower level surgeons.
- Astrologers and divinators, psychic channellers and mediums.
- Athletic and other sports professions.
- Jobs that are associated with war and military.
- Computer jobs and professions related to high-tech devices and electronic equipment.
- All professions that require versatility and multiple task ability.
- Jobs in gemstones and metal dealerships.
- Jobs in Military bands and marching bands.
- Real estate business and jobs that include dealing in financial transactions are the best Dhanishta Nakshatra career options.
Also See: Top Career and Business Astrologer
Favorable Activities For Dhanishta Nakshatra
Dhanishta Nakshatra is a very auspicious Nakshatra for performing religious rituals and performances. All the activities including pomp and splendor, mega celebratory events, opening ceremonies can be done in this Nakshatra. This constellation is said to be very favorable to commence any educational venture and career-related activities. Learning high-tech equipment and weapons are good this time. You may buy new clothes, gemstones, jewelry, moveable and immoveable property in Dhanishta Nakshatra. Meditation, yoga and treating diseases in Dhanishta turn fruitful. As per Vedic texts, Dhanishta Nakshatra is very suitable for gardening and other agricultural activities. It is good for traveling. You can plan short and long journeys when Dhanishta Nakshatra is in the sky.
Unfavorable Activities For Dhanishta Nakshatra
Dhanishta Nakshatra is not auspicious for marriage. One should not indulge in sexual activities and homely activities like cleaning in this constellation. In Dhanishta Nakshatra, It is not favorable to form any new partnership. Dealing with people that requires tact, cleverness and gentleness are forbidden during this period. If you want to give up old habits or activities that are fixed, then Dhanishta Nakshatra is not propitious.
Also See: Shubh Muhurat to Start New Business 2021
Dhanishta Nakshatra Remedies
People suffering from afflictions of Dhanishta Nakshatra should worship Goddess Durga or Hari-Hara, a deity with a half-Vishnu, half- Shiva form. Alternatively, the natives can worship eight Vasus.
One of the most effective and best ways to utilize the Nakshatra’s potential is to practice Raja-Yoga that involves the awakening of Kundalini through the seven sacred centers.
The natives should recite the root Mantra- “Om Yam”, “Om Ram”. Chanting this Dhanishta Nakshatra Mantra 108 times during the lunar transition and in the corresponding month of Dhanishta Nakshatra alleviates afflictions and bestows happiness.
Dhanishta star men and women can increase the positive effects of Dhanishta Nakshatra by wearing colors like red, blue and gold. People born in Dhanishta Nakshatra should undertake all the important actions corresponding to the position of Dhanishta star for the most auspicious results.
Were you born in Dhanishta Nakshatra? Need personalized insights about Dhanishta Nakshatra and its impact on your life? Chat with an Astrologer and reveal the possibilities in your future. Get detailed and insightful readings for all your life aspects and also get astrological remedies and solutions to all your life problems.
Leave a Comment