Karwa Chauth 2024: Married Hindu women around the nation perform Karwa Chauth Puja as a very big celebration. Married women keep a fast during this holiday from sunrise until moonrise. They observe this fast in order to ensure their husbands' health and life. The fourth day of Krishna Paksha in the month of Kartik, or Chaturthi Tithi, is when Karwa Chauth is observed. According to our top Astrologers, Karva Chauth Pujan will be observed this year on Sunday, October 20, 2024. Want to know more about Karwa Chauth 2024, Karwa Chauth puja, Karva Chauth ki Puja, and Karwa Chauth Vrat Vidhi? Read on!
Karwa Chauth 2024 Muhurats and Important Times:
|Date And Time
|Karwa Chauth Date
|October 20, 2024
|Karwa Chauth Puja Muhurat
|05:46 PM to 07:02 PM
|Karwa Chauth Upavasa Time
|06:25 AM to 07:53 PM
|Moonrise on Karwa Chauth Day
|Chaturthi Tithi Begins
|20 October 2024 at 06:3 AM
|Chaturthi Tithi Ends
|October 21, 2024 at 04:16 AM
Visit Choghadiya to know the most auspicious hours of the day.
Karwa Chauth Rituals and Customs:
The celebration of this holy occasion of Karva Chauth ki Puja starts a day earlier when the mothers-in-law of the newlyweds, brides-to-be, and married women give them wonderfully wrapped gifts and pots of baskets. Tradition dictates that the mothers-in-law fill the earthen pots with "Sargi," a traditional dish that women must eat in the morning before the sun rises. Foods that increase women's endurance, such as fruits, fried potatoes, and milk-based desserts, are frequently included in Sargi. This prepares the women for the Karwa Chauth Vrat Puja that is to be followed the next day. Want to know the Karwa Chauth Vrat Vidhi? Read on!
5 Days Of Diwali 2024- All You Need To Know
Karwa Chauth Vrat Puja & Story:
The evening puja is held, Karwa Chauth Puja Vidhi is followed, and all the women follow the fast. The location of the puja is decorated with 'khariamatti,' or mud, and a statue of Goddess Parvati is adored. The Karwa Chauth Vrat puja story is told to the women gathering there for puja hours before the moon rises. According to folklore, a young woman's breaking of the Karwa Chauth fast before the moonrise had ramifications and took a toll on her husband's life. Seven Karwa Chauth vrats later, her husband was once more alive. At the worshipping ceremony for marital bliss, this tale is presented to the married women, and a little prayer is said.
Karva Chauth Pujan Samagri:
- Ganeshji idol or photo, Shivji and Parvatiji picture
- Tamba (copper) or Clay Kalash (pot) or a Glass
- Red cloth (to cover the pot)
- Phalli (green beans), Ber (berry), Kachar (small cucumber)
- Coin, moli / red thread
- Paper or board
- Puja Thali Samagri:
- Kumkum, Chaval, Gud, Moli, Coin, Lamp, Flowers,
- Prasad: Churma or Halwa or Sugar in a small bowl
Karwa Chauth Puja Vidhi:
This section of the article walks you through the Karwa Chauth Puja Vidhi in English. So if you are planning to observe fast for Karwa Chauth 2024, then this will be helpful for you.
- Pour water into the Kalash or glass. In the water, add the following: Phalli (green bean), Ber (berry), Kachar (little cucumber), and Coin. Put a red cloth over the Kalash or glass and fasten it with red thread or moli. It is known as Karwa.
- Draw Chand (the crescent moon) on a piece of paper or a board, Suraj (the sun) on either side, or a swastika in the center, and four tikkis (dots) beneath it to signify Chauth Mata before placing the Karwa on it.
- Place images of Ganeshji, Lord Shiva, and Parvati by the wall.
- Apply kumkum, and offer rice and flowers as part of puja to Ganeshji, Shiva and Parvatiji, Karwa, and Chauth Mata. Also light lamps. From the little bowl, distribute the prasad of churma, halwa, or sugar.
- Recite the tale of Ganeshji and Karwa Chauth.
- Make a moon offering of water, kumkum, chawal, flowers, etc. when the moon rises.
- Then switch Karwas seven times between two women. Recite the following phrase while exchanging Karwa:
- JAL DHAPI YA SAWAG DHAPI is the alternate question, and JAL DHAPI SAWAG NAHI DHAPI is the alternate response.
- Then one woman offers the other karwa (water) to drink in order to break the fast.
- Note: Your husband can provide water if you don't have the company of other women.
- Take the blessings of the Elders (aashirwad).
Breaking the Fast:
When women view the moon in the evening, they break their 24-hour fast. This vrat is frequently concluded in the husband's presence, turning it into a formal event. Women light a lamp and fill a pitcher with water to begin the fast-breaking procedure. They carry these goods to the location where they observe the moon on a traditional thali. The husband stands opposite his wife while she observes the moon through a sieve (Chalni). Then, water is offered to the moon, and the wife peers through the sieve at her husband. Following a prayer for long life, the husband breaks the fast by giving his wife her first bite of food or drink of water. After the Karwa Chauth fast is over, a lavish supper is served, and everyone celebrates the wonderful moments.
Happy Diwali Wishes Image 2024 - Diwali Greetings Diwali wishes Images, 2024 Happy Diwali Quotes, Status, and Messages.
What is Karwa Chauth 2024 date?
Karwa Chauth 2024 date is Sunday, Ocober 20, 2024
What are the quotes for Karwa Chauth 2024?
Happy Karwa Chauth! May the love and happiness in your marriage come from the grace of God Shiva and Goddess Parvati. May you and your spouse enjoy a long and happy marriage! May the goddess Parvati and the god Shiva bless you with love, joy, serenity, prosperity, and health.