- Zodiac Sign or Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Rashi- Leo
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Ruling Planet- Venus
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Lord or God- Bhag
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Symbol- Front legs of a bed, Hammock
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Degree Range- 13.20 Leo- 26.40 Leo
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Mode of Functioning- Balanced
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Quality- Human
- Chara Rashi/ Navamsa- Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Lucky Number- 9
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Yoni- Mooshak
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Dosha- Pitta
- Type of Nakshatra- Cruel or Ugra (fierce)
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Dasha- 20 yrs
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Numerical Potency- 11
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Gender- Female
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Guna- Rajasic
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Gana- Manushya
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Element or Tattwa- Water
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Mobility- Fixed
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Caste- Brahmin
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Animal- Female Rat
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Names Starting Letters- Mo, Taa, Tee, Too
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Bird- Female Eagle
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Lucky Stone- Diamond
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Tree- Palash (Butea Monosperma)
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Traits- Youthful, Carefree, Sensual, Affectionate, Soft-spoken, Promiscuous-natured, Mean-minded, Affable, Empathetic.
About Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
Purva Phalguni is the eleventh star of the 27 Nakshatras. It is referred to as Bhagadaivata Star which means “Star of development and creation”. The Nakshatra symbolizes good luck and fortune and hence Vedic Astrology considers it as one of the most auspicious Nakshatra.
Etymologically, Purva Phalguni means “the former reddish one”, the former”, or “little fig tree”. The red color in the Purva Phalguni translation represents a variety of feelings that are associated with the color Red. Here, the “fig tree” meaning is a bit unclear, however, it is associated with procreative and regeneration aspects.
The presiding deity of Purva Phalguni is Bhaga, one of the twelve Adityas (solar deities). Bhaga bestows enjoyment, rest, pleasure, affection and sexual passion. The strong connection of Bhaga makes Purva Phalguni star the most carefree Nakshatra. Some Vedic sages associated Purva Phalguni with Shiv Lingam (an abstract representation of Lord Shiva) which represents its link with creation and continuation of life.
Purva Phalguni is symbolized by a swinging hammock and the front legs of a couch or bed. Hammock signifies joy, pleasure, abundance and love whereas the front legs of the bed represent comfort and enjoyment. It also speaks of the beginning phase of the relaxation process where we feel like doing nothing. Purva Phalguni also endows renewal energies which ultimately associate Nakshatra with procreational processes and activities.
Purva Phalguni star is associated with the Bhakti path, chosen by devotees to attain supreme being. It illustrates how Purva Phalguni natives can come across the Divine and achieve eternal salvation. They possess a desire to create and live a life of delight and excitement due to the influence of Purva Phalguni ruling planet, Venus.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in English is referred to as Purva Phalguni. Whereas, Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Tamil is referred to as Pooram Natchathiram (பூரம் நட்சத்திரம்). The name of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Malayalam is Pooram Nakshatra (പൂരം നക്ഷത്ര) and the name of Purva Phalguni constellation in Telugu is Pubba / Purva Phalguni (పుబ్బ / పూర్వాఫల్గుని).
Also See: Gemstone Names and Colors
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Physical Characteristics
Purva Phalguni males and females are blessed with attractive and charming personalities. They have well built body and sensual features. They are happy-go-lucky people who can easily charm anyone with their friendly and positive disposition.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Behavioral Characteristics
Purva Phalguni natives are born with good luck and fortune. They start their lives on a comfortable platform and have a lazy and carefree attitude towards everything. These natives exhibit great intellectual and creative abilities. They work passionately and often attempt to do many things at the same time.
Purva Phalguni males and females are very hospitable and social. They are light-hearted, compassionate and generous. They are closely connected to their family ties and possess great affection for people they love. These natives are loyal and honest friends. They possess a sense of responsibility towards obligations and always try to achieve perfection.
Purva Phalguni men and women are career oriented. They are ambitious and optimistic. They admire cleanliness and hence keep their home and workplace clean and tidy. Children born in Purva Phalguni possess various positive characteristics, however, due to overconfidence, they could not utilize them to the fullest.
Surrounded by leonine warmth, people born in Purva Phalguni are inclined towards life’s pleasures and luxuries. They desire comfort and try to attain it even if it is unaffordable. These natives seem pretentious due to their strong desire of being liked and noticed.
As per Vedic astrology, Purva Phalguni is associated with “Prajanana Shakti”-the power of creation. Thus, the Purva Phalguni men and women are more indulgent in the family and procreation process. Having a balanced mode of functioning, Purva Phalguni Nakshatra exhibits an incredible ability to strike balance at all fronts.
Career Options for Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Natives
The professions that are favorable for Purva Phalguni Nakshatra born people are:
- Interior decoration and designing jobs.
- Government jobs as officials, executives and diplomats.
- Jobs associated with women related products.
- Professions related to beauty and care such as beauticians, make-up artists etc.
- Jobs in the Gemstones industry.
- Artistic jobs such as creative professionals, singers, musicians, models, entertainers, art gallery managers, photographers etc.
- Teaching jobs
- Animal trainers and dye makers.
- Event Management jobs.
Also See: How To Get Good Job Immediately
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is considered very auspicious for marriage, property purchase, construction, enjoyment, romance and relaxation activities. As per Vedic Astrology, this Nakshatra is very good for dealing with authorities and sorting out long-standing disputes. All kinds of persuasion and confrontation with enemies should be done in the Purva Phalguni constellation. It is believed that Purva Phalguni enhances your charisma and personal power. Thus, it is beneficial to use your powers in this Nakshatra for accomplishing your goals. Performing artistic activities like painting, dancing, singing etc., turn fruitful when Purva Phalguni is in the sky.
This Nakshatra is not favorable for healing and curing diseases. It is believed that any illness which has started in this Nakshatra is hard to overcome. As Purva Phalguni has fierce qualities, practicing modesty and humbleness in this Nakshatra prove unfavorable for its natives. Starting any new thing in Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is also not recommended.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Remedies
People who are suffering from afflictions of Purva Phalguni star should worship Goddess Lakshmi and other deities of wealth and procreation. They should seek Lord Shiva through his lingam to attain positive energy and well-being.
As per Vedic Astrology, the natives should recite the root Mantra- “Om Cham”. Chanting this Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Mantra 108 times during the lunar transition bestows happiness and prosperity.
Natives should wear light colors such as yellow, white, pink and pastel shades to enhance positivity in their life. Each Purva Phalguni born native should perform their actions corresponding to the position of this constellation for the best results.
Were you born in Purva Phalguni Nakshatra? Need personalized insights about Purva Phalguni Nakshatra and its impact on your life? Chat with an astrology expert and reveal the possibilities in your future. Get detailed and insightful readings for all your life aspects and also get astrological remedies and solutions to all your life problems.