Were you born in August or September month? Are you a Virgo? Do you want to know your Virgo lucky birthstone or crystal?
Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac. It is ruled by the planet Mercury and is associated with the element Earth. Those who are born from Aug 24 - Sept 22 share this zodiac sign. According to Vedic Astrology, the people having the Virgo zodiac sign are born perfectionists. They exhibit traits of rationality, reliability and a sense of responsibility. They are good at solving problems and are the most hard-working people of the zodiac. These critical thinkers spend most of their time overthinking unnecessary matters. To channel positive energy and gain success and fortune, these natives should wear Zodiac Birthstone.
Interested to know about zodiac signs and birthstones? Want to find out the Birthstone for Virgo sign?
Read on the post and explore everything about the Birthstone for Virgo. Learn about the birthstone for the Virgo zodiac sign, Virgo Birthstone color, benefits of Virgo birthstone and much more.
What is Virgo Birthstone?
The Birthstone associated with the Virgo zodiac sign is called Virgo Birthstone. Traditionally, Carnelian is the birthstone for Virgo man and woman. It belongs to the element of Fire and governs the two primary Chakras- Base Chakra and Sacral Chakra. Ruled by Mars, the Virgo zodiac stone is called a high-energy stabilizing crystal. It exhibits vibration numbers 5 and 6 that signify attributes like warmth, happiness and harmony.
Carnelian or Cornelian relates to the stone family of Quartz. It is one of the famous and least expensive Virgo gemstones. This variety of Chalcedony can be found from translucent to semi-opaque form with a vitreous luster and solid color.
What Color is Virgo Birthstone?
Carnelian, the Virgo birthstone, color ranges from reddish-orange to brownish, yellow, red or pink color. It is generally found in solid color which sometimes exhibits striping and some lighter or darker patches. The various shades of this Virgo stone depend upon the quantity of iron oxide present in each one.
Although all the Carnelian with different shades is similar in price, the brighter red color colored Carnelian is valued higher. The pale Virgo birthstone color is less sought and thus its value is also comparatively less. Since the color of Chalcedony stones can be enhanced by heat treatment or by dyeing, one should always check the authenticity of Carnelian at the time of purchase.
Origin, History and Meaning of Virgo Birthstone- Carnelian
The name Carnelian is derived from the Latin word, “Carnis” which means flesh. It was named due to its resemblance with flesh or flesh of fruit called Cornel. In ancient Egypt, Carnelian was referred to as the “settling sun”. They considered this Virgo birthstone a source of feminine energy and the menstrual cycle. They called it the “Stone of Fertility” and associated it with the power of Isis. They used Red-colored Carnelian to stimulate passion and love. Ancient Romans and Greeks also valued this Virgo zodiac stone for intaglios. Carnelian can be found in India, Japan, Russia, Madagascar, Poland, Iceland, Peru, Slovakia and Romania. The best and major deposits of these Virgo birthstones are found in Western India.
As a Virgo birthstone, Carnelian holds the spiritual meaning of warmth, vitality and fertility. It imparts a rich life force to Virgos and helps them to stimulate warmth and creativity. This Virgo stone symbolizes courage, energy and leadership. It transmits positive energy that circulates within the aura and is known to enhance endurance and self-confidence.
What are the Benefits of Wearing Virgo Birthstone?
Besides good luck, fortune, prosperity and abundance, Carnelian offers immense advantages to the wearer. It exhibits amazing physical healing, metaphysical and spiritual benefits that are unheard of. Take a quick look at the following major benefits that you can get by wearing this Virgo zodiac stone.
- Carnelian is said to attract abundance, new resources and financial opportunities. It is a talisman of success in monetary ventures.
- It is used as a Virgo stone or crystal of ambition, drive and determination. It boosts power and stamina to create new things and pursue your goals.
- Virgos can use this Virgo stone to wear daily for gaining much-needed energy and motivation. Live Astrology consultation can help you know how to wear Virgo zodiac birthstones for the best results.
- Referred to as the Singer’s stone, Carnelian clarifies the voice and promotes confidence to sing live or on stage.
- The Virgo birthstone offers pragmatism, idealism, a sense of community and courage to encounter challenges.
- Orange and Red Carnelian are beneficial for promoting love, passion and harmony.
- It is an important crystal for rekindling the faded passion in the relationship.
- Professionals can use Virgo birthstone to wear and ward off undue pressure and unrealistic expectations at the workplace.
- Carnelian is a healing stone and crystal that stimulates metabolism.
- This is the best Virgo birthstone for women for curing issues related to fertility and the menstrual cycle.
- It is a powerful Virgo birthstone for both men and women for overcoming problems related to reproductive organs.
- It is beneficial to stimulate the absorption of nutrients in the small intestine.
- The Virgo birthstone improves the thickness and flow of blood.
- It is an exceptional gemstone for Virgo to get rid of alcohol and other drugs.
- Carnelian is a great emotional healer. It promotes recreational activities and protects from envy, resentment and rage.
- Virgo birthstone color channels energy that brings delight, pleasure, happiness and affection to the family.
- Carnelian is the stone of intimacy and closeness. It brings people together and increases deep love feelings, intense desires, companionship and affection.
- Spiritually, this Virgio birthstone helps its natives to understand the cycle of life. It helps to overcome procrastination and indecisiveness.
- Carnelian turns on Body Chakras to encourage zest and good transmission of information between mind and body. It supports healing from traumas, depression and blockage in the human body.
Interesting Facts About Virgo Birthstone- Carnelian
Want to know more about this powerful Virgo zodiac stone? Read on to find out the various interesting facts about Carnelian that are lesser-known.
- Do you know! Tajmahal is decorated with thousands of Carnelian stones imported from Saudi Arabia.
- In Greece, Persia and Babylonia, Carnelian was used as a talisman to ward off natural disasters. It was said that “No one who wore Carnelian was ever found beneath a broken house or fallen wall.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte found Carnelian Amulet whilst on campaign in Egypt and carried it for the rest of his life as a good luck stone.
- This Virgo zodiac birthstone is also the Anniversary stone given as a gift on the 17th wedding anniversary.
- Carnelian was used by ancient Roman officials as seals since the wax didn’t stick to the smooth surface of the Virgo stone.
- In ancient times, Carnelian was used by Egyptian architects to show their professional status.
- Warriors used to wear this Virgo zodiac stone around the neck to gain courage.
Also See: Lucky Date to Open a Business in 2021
How to Care and Clean Virgo Birthstone?
Carnelian is a hard and durable gemstone. The best way to clean this Virgo zodiac birthstone is using warm soapy water and a soft brush. Household chemicals and excessive heat should be avoided to keep this stone safe. One should keep their Virgo birthstone from other gemstones to avoid unnecessary damage or scratch.
Final Thoughts on Virgo Birthstone
Apart from the Virgo birthstone, Carnelian, astrologers suggest various other Virgos stones and crystals for empowering your personality and life aspects. These gemstones are determined by your Birthmonth and are generally called Birthstone by month.
Curious to know about lucky stone for Virgo? Unsure which gemstone will suit you best based on your date of birth? Chat with an Expert Astrologer and get astrology guidance regarding your lucky Virgo stones. Also, know the right way to wear gemstones and gemstones Mantras to gain maximum benefits.
Leave a Comment