September marks the beginning of Autumn or the season of fall. It is the ninth month of the Gregorian Calendar which is generally associated with September zodiac signs, Virgo and Libra. As per Vedic Astrology, people born in the month of September are tolerant, understanding and open-minded. They seek perfection and focus on balancing out everything around. Astrologers suggest that to accomplish great things these people should wear September stones or gemstones based on the Zodiac calendar. These gemstones for September month are miraculous and can be used to bring luck and invoke inner powers.
Curious! What’s the birthstone for September month and how you can use it to gain luck and happiness? Explore the post and know everything about September’s birthstone, color, meaning and properties. Also, learn about the Sept birthstone benefits and various interesting facts about your birthstone for the month of September.
What is the Birthstone for September Month?
As per the monthly birthstone list, the birthstone for the month of September is Sapphire. It is the lucky gemstone for September-born people. According to both traditional and modern birthstone classifications, Sapphire is the primary September birthstone to wear. For thousands of years, Sapphire has been a symbolism of sincerity, fidelity and truth. It was believed that the person who wears this September month’s stone attains peace, wisdom and happiness.
Sapphire crystal is procured from Corundum, an aluminum oxide mineral. It is the second hardest natural mineral with one fourth the hardness of Diamond. The September stone is associated with the Water element that invokes soothing vibes and offers confidence. It is ruled by Planet Saturn and is worn to pacify the effects of Saturn. Numerologically, this gemstone for September relates to Vibration Number 2.
Origin, History and Meaning of September Birthstone- Sapphire
The name of Sapphire was derived from the Greek word “Sapheiros” and the Latin word “Saphirus.” The meaning of both these words in Greek and Latin is “Blue”. Some people believe that the name Sapphire can also be translated to “Dear to the Planet Saturn” in many languages. As per Historians, Sapphire is one of the few gemstones that have its mention in ancient legends and folklores. It is believed that this September stone was worn by King Abraham and King Solomon as a talisman. The Bible says that Moses wrote the 10 commandments on Sapphire tablets.
During the 12th Century, Sapphires was considered the most suitable stone for ecclesiastical rings. Kings used to wear it around the neck to protect themselves from calamities. Cingalese used this birthstone for September to ward off witchcraft and evil energies. Even today it is connected to knowledge, psychic awakening and learning. It is referred to as the “Stone of Wisdom” and worn by people to investigate the spiritual truth.
What Color is the Birthstone for September?
Blue is considered the true color of the Sapphire. However, this September stone and crystal are found in various different colors and shades. The impurities of titanium, iron, copper, vanadium, iron or magnesium in the mineral Corundum offer the stone colors like yellow, pink, purple, orange, green, black or grey. The impurity of titanium brings blue color to the Sapphire. Likewise, the chromium gives it a pink shade.
From the spiritual point of view, the September birthstone color blue suggests both sky and sea. It is associated with freedom, imagination, tranquility, intuition, open spaces, heaven, wisdom and truth. People who wear this color of September birthstone are thought to have the confidence to overcome jealousy and negativity
What are the Benefits of Wearing September Birthstone?
Check out the various benefits gained by wearing your September birthstone, Sapphire.
- Sapphire allows the wearer to tune into higher wisdom by activating the third eye and throat chakras.
- The September birthstone is referred to as the stone of love and commitment. It is often used in engagement rings to strengthen the relationship.
- You may use wearer to enhance self-motivation and discipline in life.
- Wearing this September birthstone boosts self-esteem and helps in relieving stress, negativity and aggression.
- You can use this gemstone for September month to stimulate communication and bring positivity to life.
- Clarity, issue understanding and concentration can be enhanced by wearing Sapphire.
- Sapphire is the best gemstone for September-born people to attain good fortune, happiness, prosperity and spiritual goals.
- Sacral Chakra can be balanced using this September gemstone. It helps you gain emotional strength and regulate your sexual expressions.
- Sapphire is used as a healing stone by Reiki healers. They use it to channel the healing powers from a higher source.
- Blue Sapphire can be worn to improve communication, balance and flexibility.
- Bone strength and density, fever, inflammations, healing burns, eye and blood-related problems can be treated by wearing a September birthstone.
Interesting Facts about September Birthstone- Sapphire
Did you know these unique and interesting facts about September’s birth crystal, Sapphire?
- The largest Sapphire discovered in the world is the “Star of India” from Sri Lanka.
- The Black Sapphire stone is not associated with any sun sign and dates.
- Sapphire in blue color is called “Shaniratna” as it is believed to save the wearer from the wrath of Lord Shani or Saturn.
- Padparadscha Sapphires are the rarest type of stone among different gemstones.
- Sapphire is the anniversary stone for the 5th and 45th wedding anniversaries.
- Sapphire is one of the most durable natural elements. It can withstand scratches due to its hardness of 9 on the Mohs Scale.
- Europeans in the Middle ages thought this September birthstone was the best cure to treat eye diseases.
- The most famous royal Sapphire is an engagement ring which was worn by Lady Diana, the Princess of Wales in the year 1981. This ring is now passed to her daughter-in-law, Princess Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
- Sapphire is said to exhibit the phenomenon “Star Effect” that occurs when impurities in dome-like cabochon sapphire create a star pattern of rays on its surface.
- The color of the September birthstone changes according to the lighting. It changes from blue color in daylight to bluish-purple color in luminous light.
How to Care and Clean September Birthstone?
Warm water and detergent is the best way to clean the September birthstone. You can also use Ultrasonic and Steam cleaning methods for heat treated and diffusion treated Sapphires. Fractured filled and dyed Sapphires are fragile and can be damaged by even lemon juice, one of the mildest acids. Thus, one should always use a damp cloth to clean these Sapphires.
Also See: Auspicious Day to Buy Gold in 2021
Final Thoughts on September Birthstone
In addition to Sapphire, there are various gemstones that bestow good luck and fortune to September-born people. These stones can be discovered and worn after consulting a gemstone expert or experienced astrologer.
At Anytime Astro, you can consult expert astrologers and learn about your lucky gemstones by date of birth and zodiac. You can get astrology guidance to wear your lucky gemstone and make most of its benefits. So, if you are a September born or want to know about your lucky stone for your zodiac. Chat with Online Astrologer now!
Leave a Comment