Have you ever heard of Pisces birthstone? Were you born as a Pisces native and want to boost your luck? If yes, then this is the post where your search ends.
Pisces is the twelfth and last constellation of the zodiac. People born between February 19 and March 20 come under the Pisces zodiac sign. This sign is symbolized by the pair of fishes and is associated with the element, water. According to Western Astrology, Pisces people are empathetic, compassionate and grounded. They are profoundly psychic and exhibit incredible intuitive powers. Ruled by Neptune, they are born with a knack for creativity and imagination. They are very sentimental and sometimes go overboard with their emotions. Indecisiveness, moody nature and pessimistic attitude are the main negative characteristics that make them step back from success. Thus, astrologers suggest wearing birthstones by zodiac to empower their luck and positive traits of their zodiac.
Curious to know what is the birthstone for Pisces men and women? Are you aware of the meaning and incredible benefits of Pisces birthstone?
Read on to know everything about Pisces zodiac stone. Know what color is Pisces birthstone, where it is found, What are its benefits and much more that you may have never known.
What is Pisces Birthstone?
Amethyst is the birthstone for the zodiac sign, Pisces. This is a semiprecious stone that bestows good luck, wealth and prosperity. Associated with the Quartz family, the Pisces gemstone is popular due to its enchanting beauty and striking qualities. It has been considered highly prized and used by royalty for centuries. Traditionally, Amethyst is also called the birthstone of February. It is believed that people born in February may attain fortune and happiness by wearing Amethyst.
Interested to know more about Amethyst? Explore the post below and gain keen insights into the origin, meaning and various unknown facts about the Pisces birthstone.
Meaning, Origin, and History of Pisces Birthstone - All About Amethyst
Pisces Zodiac Stone - Meaning and History
Amethyst derived its name from the Greek word “Amethystos” which means” not intoxicating.” The name was based on a popular belief that this Pisces stone can guard the bearer against drunkenness and overindulgence. Greeks believed that Amethyst was dyed by the tears of Dionysus, the God of Wine and Revelry. Thus drinking from the vessels carved out from it will prevent intoxication.
Chinese used Amethyst to eliminate negative energy and ward off obstacles from daily life. During the Renaissance period, it was associated with humility and modesty. Soldiers engraved Pisces stone with animal symbols to attain protection during wars. Moreover, the Pisces zodiac stone was used as a symbol of royalty by great monarchs. Like different birthstones, this birthstone was thought to eliminate negativity and gain mindfulness and self-control. Egyptians wore Amethyst to protect them from witchcraft and feelings of fear and guilt.
Origin of Pisces Zodiac Stone
Curious where is Amethyst found? Well, this amazing Pisces birthstone is found on all the continents. However, the larger deposits of Amethyst are mined in South America, Africa and North America. Brazil is the largest global producer of Amethyst followed by Zambia. Russia, South Korea, India, Australia, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Italy, USA, Canada, Uruguay, Mexico and Sri Lanka are the other countries from where this Pisces stone and crystals are mined.
What Color is Pisces Birthstone?
Purple is the widely known color of Amethyst. However, little you know about the broad spectrum that is available in different purples hues of this stone. From Pale Lilac to Purplish-Black, you can find a wide variation in Pisces birthstone color.
According to gemologists, the darker the color of Amethyst, the more valuable the stone is. In fact, the finest Pisces zodiac stone color is saturated reddish-purple with no visible color zoning.
Confused, what color Pisces birthstone should you choose? It is advisable to prefer uniform color and even tone along with minimum inclusions in the gemstone during the purchase of Amethyst stone and crystals.
Interesting Facts About Pisces Birthstone - Amethyst
Do you know there are various interesting facts about this famous Pisces zodiac stone that you might not have heard? Check out the fun facts about Amethyst and add more to your knowledge about this powerful stone.
- Amethyst is the official gemstone for Ontario, a Canadian province.
- It was traditionally worn by Bishops to protect them from the unholy energies.
- The Pisces birthstone color is considered symbolic of Christ’s agony in the crucifixion.
- Like Christians, Tibetans also associated Amethyst with their God, Gautam Buddha. They used this stone to meditate and worship the divine.
- English men revered this stone to create emblems and insignia to represent royalty during the Middle Ages.
- This powerful stone helps to balance responsibilities and daily work pressure which makes it the perfect birthstone for women at work.
- Amethyst is traditionally given as a gift on the fourth and sixth wedding anniversary.
- This Pisces zodiac stone was used as a love spell to summon someone you love. It is said that people used to speak the name of their beloved into Amethyst to call them.
- Ancient people called Amethyst the 'Gem of Fire.’ They believed this gem had fire energy that stimulates creativity, passion and spiritual powers.
Also See: Pisces Moon Sign Characteristics
What are the Benefits of Wearing Pisces Birthstone?
There are various benefits of wearing Amethyst as a birthstone for the Pisces sign. Check out them and know how adorning a gemstone can change your life.
- Amethyst can relieve stress, strain and irritability. It may help in balancing mood, dispelling anger, fear and distress.
- This gemstone awakens spirituality and has amazing healing powers to activate intuition and psychic powers.
- It is one of the most beneficial Pisces zodiac stones for enhancing money and sorting financial and legal issues.
- Wearing this gemstone brings abundance, prosperity, contentment and composure.
- Amethyst is used to increase concentration and intelligence.
- To heal from personal grief and losses, one should always prefer wearing an Amethyst stone.
- Regular use of Pisces birthstone offers inner strength and calming effects.
- Amethyst is said to protect from cardiac arrest, natural calamities and accidents.
- It is beneficial in insomnia and also helps in understanding dreams.
- The sun sign symbol of Pisces speaks of its native’s struggle between fantasy and reality, thus wearing Amethyst can help Pisces people find balance in their mind and life.
- Amethyst offers balance to the endocrine system by boosting the production of hormones in the body.
- It boosts your immune system and helps in the elimination of ailments or disorders related to skin, blood, digestive tract, cells etc.
- The Pisces stone motivates your inner creativity and renews your worn-out imagination.
Care and Cleaning of the Pisces Birthstone - Amethyst
Amethyst needs special care due to its vulnerability to sunlight and heat. As per Gemstone experts, the exposure to heat and sunlight causes the Pisces birthstone color to fade. Thus, one should always avoid exposing their Pisces Birthstone to sunlight or excessive heat. Also, any contact with chemicals, hair sprays and household cleaners should be avoided.
To clean Amethyst, try using warm and mild soapy water. Use a soft brush to scrub it after rinsing. An Ultrasonic unit can be used for cleaning the Pisces Birthstone. If cared for properly and kept in a jewelry box away from the crystals with the same hardness of 7 on the Mohs scale, this stone can be stored for a long time.
Also See: Govt Job Prediction by Date of Birth
Final Thoughts on Amethyst, the Pisces Birthstone
Loved finding out what is Pisces Birthstone? You would love and get surprised more by learning about the other lucky gemstones for yourself. The birthstone by month and other alternative gemstones based on sun signs and horoscopes can help you gain luck, happiness and various physical, spiritual and mental benefits in life.
Know more about your lucky stones and get astrological guidance for your life with the help of expert advice. Chat to an Online Astrologer now and reveal how a particular gemstone can benefit you as an individual for a great future ahead. Also, know how to energize your lucky gemstone and the right way to wear it for maximum benefits. Chat now!