Birthstones are considered as the carrier of luck, health, and prosperity in an individual’s life. They are a type of gemstone that is associated with an individual’s life. There are two ways to determine a Birthstone
- Birthstones by month
- Birthstones by zodiac signs
Although both of these ways are equally effective according to astrology, the gemstones determined by both of these methods are different. It completely depends on you from which method you want to find your Birthstone.
This blog will tell you all about Month Gemstones, Birthstones for each month, and their significance.
First of all, let me tell you what do I mean by Birthstones by month.
Do You Know The Significance of Wearing Birthstone By Month?
Birthstones for every month are known to bring prosperity and good fortune if adorned right. An expert can help you regarding the auspicious timing of wearing it and the right way of adorning it by analyzing your chart.Chat With An Astrologer Now!
All About Birthstones and Months
The Birthstones that correlate with your birth month are popularly known as month gemstones. Birthstones for every month have a unique significance and purpose. They all hide an ancient history behind their glistening structures. Each month can be connected to a single or multiple gems.
Given below is a table that covers all the Birthstones by month and day.
List Of Birthstones For Each Month
The popularity of Birthstones dates back to the medieval era. In earlier days, people considered color as the sole criteria for determining Birthstones for every month. Due to lack of technology and knowledge, they were not able to distinguish month gemstones as we can do. For example, for ancient people, Ruby and Garnet are similar gemstones. Thus, modern Birthstones and traditional Birthstones are slightly different.
Here is our Monthly Birthstones list which has covered not only modern Birthstones but traditional Birthstones too.
Peridot or Spinel Birthstones
Golden Topaz and Citrine Birthstones
Turquoise or Lapis Birthstone
Blue Zircon, Tanzanite, and Blue Topaz Birthstones
Efficiency-wise, modern Birthstones are considered more effective. They are more accurate and determined by doing proper research. But for your awareness, in this blog, I will explain all the modern and traditional Birthstones by month one by one.
Modern and Traditional Birthstones For All Months
Month January Birthstone- Garnet
The Birthstone for January, which is Garnet is assumed to be a burgundy red gemstone, however, it is available in a variety of colors. It is widely used in form of jewelry of many types such as necklaces, rings, etc.
- Color of Garnet: Usually red or burgundy. Although you can get it in almost any color. Garnet is considered an indicator of friendship and loyalty.
- Crystal system: Mainly Isometric
- The hardness of Garnet: 6.5 to 7.5
- Can be found in: India, Brazil, Madagascar, and the United States
Month February Birthstone- Amethyst
Wondering, What is the Birthstone for February?
The widely popular gemstone, Amethyst is considered the February Birthstone. The word Amethyst is derived from the Greek word “Methustos”. It means intoxicated. Ancient people believed that this scratch-resistant gemstone can save them from getting drunk. Amethyst is considered an indicator of wealth and power.
- Color of Amethyst: Purple or Violet
- Crystal system: Hexagonal
- The hardness of Amethyst: 7
- Can be found in: Brazil, Bolivia, Uruguay, and Zambia
Month March Birthstones- Aquamarine and Bloodstone
Birthstones for all months help a person to bring prosperity in his/her life. Aquamarine and Bloodstone are considered as the March Birthstones. The March birth gems are known as the carrier of well-being, love, youth, and hope.
- Color of Aquamarine and Bloodstone: Aquamarine- Commonly blue and blue-green
- Bloodstone- dark green
- Crystal system: Hexagonal and Trigonal respectively
- Hardness: 7.5 to 8 and 6.5 to 7 respectively
- Can be found in: Brazil, Australia, etc.
Month April Birthstone- Diamond
Diamond is the traditional as well as modern Birthstone for April month. It is considered one of the best birth month gemstones. Because of its tough structure, the Diamond symbolizes love, healing, and strength.
- Color of Diamond: Most commonly transparent, yellow, brown, or gray.
- Crystal system: Isometric
- The hardness of Diamond: 10
- Can be found in: South Africa, India, Russia, Australia, etc.
Month May Birthstone- Emerald
Out of all Birthstones for every month, Emerald is considered the May Birthstone. It symbolizes renewal and good luck. Emeralds are believed to be able to cure one’s health. Old astrologers claimed that those who wear Emerald can foresee the future.
- Color of Diamond: Dark and medium green, Blue-green
- Crystal system: Hexagonal
- The hardness of Diamond: 7.5 to 8
- Can be found in: Columbia, Brazil, Zambia, etc.
Month June Birthstone- Pearl, Alexandrite, and Moonstone
Pearl, Alexandrite, and Moonstone are considered the best Birthstones per month for June. The Pearl is the carrier of modesty and purity. It supports marital bliss. This June Birthstone has served as a symbol of purity, humility, and innocence throughout history.
- Color of Pearl: Multiple colors
- Crystal system: Orthorhombic
- The hardness of Pearl: 2.5 to 4.5
- Can be found in: Worldwide
Month July Birthstone- Ruby
Ruby, the July Birthstone is connected with royalty and power. It can bring harmony and peace to your life.
- Color of Ruby: Pink, Red, or colorless
- Crystal system: Hexagonal
- The hardness of Ruby: 9
- Can be found in: Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, etc.
Also See: Auspicious Day to Buy Gold in 2022
Month August Birthstone- Peridot
Peridot gemstone is associated with the sun and is termed August Birthstone. It is believed that Peridot can ward off the evil eye and elevate the healing capability of medicines.
- Color of Peridot: All shades of green
- Crystal system: Orthorhombic
- The hardness of Peridot: 6.5 to 7
- Can be found in: Egypt, Myanmar, Norway, etc.
Month September Birthstone- Sapphire and Lapis Lazuli
The lucky September month Gemstones are Sapphire and Lapis Lazuli. Sapphire, the Birthstone for September has therapeutical as well as spiritual healing capabilities. It is also considered a symbol of trust and chastity.
- Color of Sapphire and Lapis Lazuli: Sapphire- Mostly blue
- Lapis Lazuli- Deep blue
- Crystal system: Hexagonal and cubic respectively
- Hardness: 9 and 5 to 5.5 respectively
- Can be found in: Sri Lanka, India (especially Kashmir), Australia, etc.
Month October Birthstone- Opal and Tourmaline
In our monthly Birthstones list, lucky October month gems are Opal and Tourmaline. While Opal symbolizes love, Tourmaline, the October Birthstone can be used for protecting ourselves from evil forces.
- Color of Tourmaline and Opal: Tourmaline- Typically black
- Opal- Comes in various shades
- Crystal system: Trigonal and Amorphous respectively
- Hardness:Tourmaline- 7 to 7.5
- Opal- 5.5 to 6.5
- Can be found in: Australia, Brazil, Czech Republic, etc.
Month November Birthstone- Citrine and Topaz
Citrine Birthstone belongs to the Quartz family and is associated with divine healing powers. This Birthstone for November depicts life and strength. In ancient times, it was believed that Citrine can disappear the wearer whenever they are in danger.
- Color of Citrine and Topaz: Citrine- Yellow to red-orange
- Topaz- Multicolor
- Crystal system: Hexagonal and Orthorhombic respectively
- Hardness: 7 and 8 respectively
- Can be found in: Bolivia, Myanmar, South Africa, etc.
Month December Birthstones- Turquoise and Tanzanite
Turquoise and Tanzanite are December birth month gemstones. Ancient Navajo people consider this December Birthstone as a piece of the sky because of its color. It is a carrier of happiness and fortune.
- Color of Turquoise and Tanzanite: Turquoise- All shades of blue
- Tanzanite- Blue or violet
- Crystal system: Triclinic and Orthorhombic respectively
- Hardness: 5 to 6 and 6.5 respectively
- Can be found in: Turquoise- Mexico, Iran, Chile, etc.
- Tanzanite- Tanzania
I hope this crisp blog has given you greater insight into Birthstones by month. Although all these Birthstones are known for bringing prosperity and happiness to an individual’s life, it is not recommended to wear them without consulting an expert astrologer. At Anytime Astro, you can Talk to an online Astrologer and find your birth month Gemstones including your strengths, weaknesses, and future possibilities. Chat with a Psychic now!